August 2013 Prayer Points
I welcome you to the wonderful month of August. I also acknowledge that it is indeed by the grace of God that we have seen this month. There are multitudes who would have given anything to see this day that we see, do not take any moment for granted. As I sought the Lord for direction for this month’s prayer points, a single word was presented before me: ‘love’. Thus this month our focus is love. Love is possibly the most abused word in the English dictionary, well along with sorry.
John 17:16-18 gives an account of a conversation between Jesus and Peter.
‘He said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love Me?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He said to him, “Shepherd My sheep.” 17He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.” Jesus said to him, “Tend My sheep. 18“Truly, truly, I say to you, when you were younger, you used to gird yourself and walk wherever you wished; but when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands and someone else will gird you, and bring you where you do not wish to go.”’
There are a few things I picked here. Jesus knew the heart of Peter yet he asked him this question. I believe the next words opened Peter’s destiny “tend my sheep”, this is what Peter did for the rest of his days. He led the lost sheep back to Christ and tended them. If you would learn to truly love this month, I believe your destiny is about to fall upon you. The second thing is, Peter answers ‘You know I love you’. I charge you in the name of Jesus, do not let your words be your only avenue of revealing your love. Finally let no conditions be attached to your love, for God loved us yet we were sinners. Christ loved us and died for us yet we were all sinners. May the fervent prayers of the righteous avail much in this month of August.
Father I thank you for loving us. For you are love. I pray that you would impart the same heart of love into us in this month. That we would love like you loved. Teach us to truly love ourselves, but most importantly to love our neighbours.
We ask this in the Name of Jesus Christ
00:00 to 01:00 Repentance
- · Lord I repent of any and all instances that I may have taken your love for granted
- · Father I repent of all hatred that I have birthed through my word or actions
- · I repent of any and all grievances that I may caused you Lord.
01:00 to 02:00 Be grounded on love 1 Cor13:1-2
- · Father may you grace me to realise that love is the basis of all
- · I refuse to boast in my gifting and exalt them above love. For when all fades away, only love will remain
- · I declare spiritual maturity in this month in the name of Jesus
02:00 to 03:00 Love is patient 1 Cor 13:4
- · Lord I pray that you would instil your patience in me. The way you wait on your sheep when they stray, may that patience be in me
- · Father teach me not to rush things, and to wait upon you and those I love. For your time is best
- · Lord I pray that you would renew me as I wait in you patiently
03:00 to 04:00 It does not envy 1 Cor 13:4
- · I declare that I will celebrate the success of others
- · I rebuke any form of envy that may arise in me
- · No jealous will reside in me
04:00 to 05:00 Love does not boast 1 Cor 13:4
- · Father I repent of any and all times that I may have boasted in my own strength
- · May I boast on you, and on that cross of my salvation
- · I rebuke any form of pride that may arise within me. I declare I am humble
05:00 to 06:00 Love is not self-seeking 1 Cor 13:4
- · Lord I lay all my desires and dreams before you. May they never come before you or those I love
- · May it be your heart and of those I love that I seek, and not my own selfish desires
- · Father may that selflessness that you showed by sacrificing your only begotten son be also in me
06:00 to 07:00 It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs 1 Cor 13:4
- · Father may all premature anger subside within me, may it be your love that leads and not my emotion
- · I declare I will not bring up my loved ones’ shortcomings again
- · As you loved us yet we were sinners, may I love regardless of imperfection
07:00 to 08:00 Forgiveness Eph 4:32
- · Lord I ask that you would instil a heart of forgiveness in me
- · May your love be more visible in me than my loved ones’ shortcomings
- · As you have forgiven me, and continue to forgive me, may I too forgive my transgressors
08:00 to 09:00 Husbands to wives Eph 5:25
- · Lord equip the husbands to love their wives as Christ loved the church
- · Father teach the husband to lead in words and in acts even to death as you did, to protect and preserve
- · Give them wisdom to understand and make decisions even in the toughest of times. Strengthen them to stand in you and not compromise
09:00 to 10:00 Fathers to children Pro 3
- · Lord in these critical times, may you draw the father back to their children. May the sower remember his seed
- · Teach the father to water and nurture their seed Lord
- · Teach them to be firm but to correct and punish only with love Pr 3:12
10:00 to 11:00 Love is not love 1 Joh 3:18
- · Lord forbid that our love be in words only, but in action too.
- · Raise us from immature and worldly ways, to understand how to love
- · May my hand be always stretched to give without expectation of a return
11:00 to 12:00 This body is your temple
- · Lord I ask that you would dwell in this body
- · May I love and honour this body as you love
- · Let nothing that cannot worship and praise you enter of reside in this temple
12:00 to 13:00 Bind every form of strife and hatred
- · Lord I bind and rebuke every form of hatred and strife.
- · Your glory shall be manifest where ever love is
- · I declare love never fails
13:00 to 14:00 Injustice 1 Cor 13:6
- · Father I repent of all injustice that I have stood by
- · May this mouth never bear false testimony
- · Lord you are love, and you are just. May your justice prevail in me and in my life
14:00 to 15:00 Love God Deut 6:5
- · Father I love, and I say it boldly
- · May you word be hidden in my heart, so I may not sin against you. Psa 119:11
- · I declare that I love you, and I keep your commandments Joh 14:15
15:00 to 16:00 Nothing can separate us from your love Rom 8:37-39
- · No demon in hell can separate us from the love of God
- · No war, no strife will separate us from you love Lord
- · I refuse that any sin, and worthless desire would draw me away from you father.
16:00 to 17:00 Loving our fellow believers
- · Love is an action, something that we do by keeping God’s commands and loving others Father we desire to walk in your light, help us to love our fellow believers with the love that you have loved us with. 1 John 2:10
- · Father I pray that you help me not to love this world and the things of this world. Help me to fix my eyes on you and the things of above. 1 John 2:15-17
- I declare Lord by your grace I will love others as I love myself
17:00 to 18:00 Thank you Lord
- · Father I thank you for loving us and giving us the right to be your children. 1 John 3:1
- · Father help us to love each other as this is proof that we are your children. 1 John 3:10
- · Father I thank you for your word, whose message is the same from beginning to end: That we love one another. 1 John 3:11
18:00 to 19:00 Direct us oh Lord
- · Father I thank you for helping us pass from death to life through the love you have given us to bestow upon on others. 1 John 3:14
- · I pray for strength and humility to lay down my life for my fellow brothers and sisters in the same way Christ showed his love for us by laying his life down for us. 1 John 3:16-17
- · “Dear children, let us not love with words or tongues but with actions and in truth.” 1 John 3:18. Father, help us to love in actions and in truth, not just with words and tongues.
19:00 to 20:00 By this shall they know that we are your disciples
- · “And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.” 1 John 3:23. Father, help us to be obedient to your word and your Spirit.
- · Father I thank you because you loved us even when we didn’t deserve your love. Help us to show this same sacrificial love to those that don’t deserve it. 1 John 4: 10
- · “No-one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.” 1 John 4: 12 Spirit we invite and welcome you to live in us as your love is made complete in us.
20:00 to 21:00 Cast out all fear
- · Father I rebuke all fear in the name of Jesus Christ. I claim your promise that perfect love casts out fear. 1 John 4:18
- · May I fear you Lord, that I may live in your wisdom
- · May all who plan terror in their hatred be struck by their own terror
21:00 to 22:00 God is love
- · “God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God and God in them.” 1 John 4: 16. Father our desire is to live in you, so we ask you to teach us to love with your love.
- · Lord teach us who you are, that we may fully comprehend love
- · May we love those we see before we claim to love you
22:00 to 23:00 Make me a channel of your love
- · Lord may the world know you by the way I love
- · May I be that city on a hill that cannot be hidden
- · I declare my light will shine and they will glorify you Lord
23:00 to 00:00 Love your enemies
- · Lord I pray that you would shine your light on my enemies, that they may see you
- · May I have no hatred against those who persecute me
- · Father may the glorious way that you deliver me from their snares be a pathway that leads them to you
Thank you for taking your time to be a part of this movement. I assure you God is already doing big things and has even more amazing things planned for us. Let me take this moment to invite you to our facebook page “The Prayer Relay Movement”https://www.facebook.com/groups/419806371379959/. Let us stay connected through that page, share our testimonies and prayer requests. We have more plans to grow this movement, so if you would like to get involved please contact us on email@example.com. If you would like to be involved in preparing the prayer points or simply widening our net, please feel free to contact us. The more the merrier…Thank you once again.