Prayer Points-July 2013
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness,
for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”
Matthew 5: 3-12
This month I have stood in awe and wonder of God’s amazing ability to foresee and plan ahead everything we would need, dating back to the beginning of creation. Looking at the above “be- attitudes” God has revealed to us the person that he wants his followers to be. As we ask ourselves, what is required of us by God? Who should I be? How should I act? And most importantly (for most of us): How do I attain the blessings that God has promised us? We are led back to this simple passage in Matthew. This month our themes are centered mostly on one of the Beatitudes, though we touch on almost all of them. Matt 5: 6 says that we are blessed when we hunger and thirst for righteousness for we will be filled. My prayer this month for you, and for those who will be touched by the prayer points of those involved in this Prayer Relay is that God fill your hunger and thirst, and that above all, he enrich you spiritually, which will equip you in all areas of your life. Stay blessed.
Let us pray:
Father we thank you because you are God. We thank you because you are indeed the same yesterday, today and forever. We thank you because the promises you made us over 2000 years ago stand, even to this very day. We thank you because you are not man that you should lie, nor the son of man that you should change your mind, so we can rely on you and your word. I pray that as we lay prostrate before your glorious throne, as we humble ourselves before you this month, you would pour out your spirit on us. I pray that we may indeed be enriched spiritually and that you will fill our hunger and quench our thirst for you. Bless this movement and bless us your servants as we continue to run the race set out before us. In the mighty name of Jesus I pray,
00:00 to 01:00Spiritual Enrichment
- · Father we thank you for your promise to pour out your Spirit on us in the last days. Father, give us receptive hearts that are open to your promises and the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:17
- · Father I thank you that you have indeed sent us your Holy Spirit to guide and comfort us Father. John 14:16
- · Father I pray that you may give us, as your church, a revival and a renewal. That you may fill us with your Holy Spirit once again.
01:00 to 02:00 Evangelists and Testimonies
- · “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father–the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father–he will testify about me.” John 15:26. Heavenly Father, we pray for the Holy Spirit to use our lives as a testimony for you. To testify of your goodness.
- · Heavenly Father we pray your anointing upon our lives and we consecrate them to you. Make us vessels of your kingdom Lord that we may have your anointing as we evangelise. 2 Timothy 2:21
- · Father we pray that you may continue to fill our cups and keep them running over, even as we pour out your love and goodness to the nations. We pray that we continue to live in the overflow of the Holy Spirit. Psalm 23:5
02:00 to 03:00 Prayer
- · Father, I pray that you may teach me how to pray. Father, I pray that you may teach me your ways; that I may be led by the Spirit. Luke 11:1
- · Father we pray for spiritual enrichment in our prayer lives.
- · I declare and decree that my prayers have the power to heal the sick, to open the wombs of the barren, to bring life back to the dead, to command blessings, all for the glory of Christ. James 5:16
03:00 to 04:00 Honesty and Truth
- · Father we thank you that the same power that raised your Son from the dead lives in me. Romans 8:11
- · We thank you for the Spirit of Truth that resides in us. 1 Corinthians 3:16
- · Father, help us to express you in the things we do and say. For a spirit that yearns for justice, honesty and truth. Renew and revive our Spirits Dear Lord. 1 Peter 1:16
04:00 to 05:00 Spiritual Enrichment of the Bride of Christ
- · Father, we pray for spiritual enrichment of your Bride, the church.
- · Father we pray that we may wait diligently for you. Ready for our groom at all times, pure, sanctified and holy. Matthew 25: 1-13
- · Father I declare that no spirit of discord, disunity, gossip, malice, hate, anger, bitterness, unforgiveness or revenge shall soil the purity of your church. I declare that love, unity, peace, joy, sacrifice and forgiveness will be our portion as the church of Christ. Galatians 5: 13-25
05:00 to 06:00 Hunger and Thirst for the Lord
- · As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. Psalms 42:1
- · Father we pray that you may quench our thirst for you, that you may create a longing for you in the depths of our heart that you continuously fill.
- · Heavenly Father, I pray that you may give us your living water from the well that never runs dry, that we may never thirst again. John 4
- · Father we pray that you may continue to keep us satisfied with this, your daily bread. We thank you for the Word of God that is more important than bread, your Word that we must live by. Matthew 4: 4
06:00 to 07:00 Grace that is sufficient
- · Father we thank you that your grace is sufficient for us. Help us to be content, to realise that your promise holds true, that your grace is enough. 2 Corinthians 12: 9
- · Father we pray that you continue to pour out your grace on our lives. That we may be filled by the grace and the mercy of the Almighty.
- Father teach me just to be still and know you are God. Psa 46:10
07:00 to 08:00 Annointed Presence
- · Father I pray that wherever I go, your presence will go before me and map out a way for me. Your pillar of cloud by day, and fire by night. Exodus 13: 21
- · Father I pray for your anointing, that where I set my feet will be blessed, that the people I touch will be blessed, that the words I speak will be filled with direction and the anointing of the Holy God. Genesis 13: 14-17
- · Heavenly Father I pray that you may fill me with your Holy fire, just as you did the disciples at Pentecost. Acts 2
08:00 to 09:00 Family Annointing (Joshua 24: 15)
- · Father, I pray that you may spiritually enrich my family. That our hunger and thirst for you may be fulfilled as we continue to search for you.
- · Father I pray that my family will be blessed in their coming in and their going out.
- · Father I declare that as for me and my house, as we endeavour to serve you, we may feel the fulfilling pleasure that comes with dwelling in the shelter of the Most High.
09:00 to 10:00 Word of God
- · Father we thank you for your Word that is alive and active, and sharper than a double edged sword. I pray that it may pierce through our hearts today. Take away this heart of stone and give us a heart of flesh, a heart like yours. Hebrews 4:12
- · Father I pray that your word would rebuke and correct us and that as we seek an enrichment of our spirit, that you would help us to yearn for your Word as it is the way you have revealed yourself to us. 2 Timothy 3: 16
- Lord I declare that your word is sharper than any two edged sword, and that anything impure will be cut off from me and my life
10:00 to 11:00 Spiritual Enrichment for the Youth
- · Father I declare that we are indeed a chosen generation, a holy nation, a royal priesthood. That peculiar as we are, you will use us to change this world for you, that we may be radical for your kingdom and glory. 1 Peter 2: 9
- · Father I declare that your word will be like fire shut up in our bones and we may desire to preach your love to the world. Jeremiah 20: 9
- · Dear Lord, I pray that indeed in these last days, we as the youth will dream dreams and see visions that come from you. Ordained by the Holy Spirit, the Chief Priest and the Creator of the Universe. Acts 2:17
11:00 to 12:00 A world in need of your Spirit (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- · Father we beseech you to pour out your Spirit on our ailing world. Father our world is in a wicked and immoral state of decline and we are desperately in need of your Spirit and a revival.
- · Father I declare that disease, war, poverty and lack shall be no more, but that abundance, spiritual overflow, love, and peace shall be our portion.
- · Heavenly Father I pray that we may hunger and thirst for you, that we may stand in the gap for our nations. I pray that indeed as a people who are called by your name, we humble themselves and pray and seek Your face and turn from our wicked ways, then indeed you will hear from heaven, and You will forgive our sin and heal our land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
12:00 to 13:00 Financial Enrichment
- · Father I pray that we may not yearn for silver and gold, but that we may yearn to have treasures stored up in heaven. Acts 3: 6
- · Father we pray that we may have enough dear God, for the Son of Man didn’t have a place to lay down his head yet you always provided for Him. Matt 10: 29-31
- · Father I pray that you may enrich our spirits, that as we treasure that enrichment, you may add all else unto us.
13:00 to 14:00 God-ordained leadership (Romans 13)
- · Father I pray for leadership in our nations that comes from above. That is appointed and anointed by your Holy name.
- · Heavenly Father I pray for leadership in your church that fulfil the requirements in your word, who flee from temptation and stand as a beacon for us.
- · Father I pray for spiritual enrichment, a unique encounter and a complete renewal of the world leadership.
14:00 to 15:00 Renewal in our tithing and offering
- · Heavenly Father we pray for the blessings that you poured upon our lives as we promise to give you a tenth of all we receive. Genesis 28: 20-22
- · I pray for a spirit that is willing and eager to give, for you say in your word you love a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9: 7
- · Father I pray that you may open the eyes and minds of all believers that they may be filled with understanding as to the requirement of giving a tenth back to you and to your work.
15:00 to 16:00 Spiritual enrichment in our Praise and Worship
- · I humble myself and pray that my offering will be pleasing to you. That it may be sweet smelling incense and acceptable before you. Psalm 141: 2
- · I pray that you may fill all those that have been gifted with talents pertaining to the spirit of praise and worship, that you may renew their zeal and zest to work for you and usher your children into your presence.
16:00 to 17:00 Spiritual enrichment to flee from temptation
- · Father I thank you for the gift of prayer that enables us to feel from temptation and resist the desires of the flesh. Matthew 26: 41
- · I declare that our generation will be a prayerful generation that is more than capable of intercessing on the behalf of our nations. 1 Timothy 2: 1
- · Father I pray that you may revive us again with your Spirit so that we will be able to flee from all kinds of temptations that our sinful nature leads us towards. 1 Corinthians 6: 18
17:00 to 18:00 Education Systems (1 Samuel 1: 28)
- · I pray that the movement to force Christ and the gospel out of schools and curriculums may not gain progress.
- · I pray that teachers may only be from above, to instil godly principles and godly role models to young children. I pray for a pouring out of the Spirit of God in all schools.
- · I pray that the education system may produce children who are more than capable of developing our world. I pray against spirits of ADD, ADHD, dyslexia and other illnesses that the devil uses to hold back our children.
18:00 to 19:00 Places of employment
- · Father I pray for favour with employers, suppliers, colleagues and all that we encounter.
- · I declare the favour of Esther upon my life, that I may find favour with both God and man. Luke 2: 52
- · I declare that the goodness and mercy of the Lord will follow me all the days of my life. Psalm 23: 6
19:00 to 20:00 The end days
- · Father I pray that you pour out your Spirit as these are indeed the end days. Acts 2:17
- · I thank you because you are not man that you should lie, or the son of man that you should change your mind. I thank you because you are the same, yesterday, today, and forever. Numbers 23: 19; Hebrews 13: 8
- · Father I pray that as we go out into the world as we near the end, you may give us courage and boldness to continue to preach your world in the face of persecution and ridicule.
20:00 to 21:00 Provision through grace (Malachi 3:10)
- · Heavenly Father we thank you for rain that is a symbol of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
- · I pray that you would open the floodgates of heaven and release your rain and blessing upon our land.
- · Father I pray against floods, famine, and all forms of natural disasters but that you would pour out your spirit among us and give us the power to command the seas and storms of our lives to be still.
21:00 to 22:00 Strength to keep growing strong
- · Father I pray that you encourage us to grow in our walk with you. That we would not backslide in our walk with you.
- · “Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.” Hebrews 5:13-14
- · Father I pray that you continue to give us perseverance to run the race marked out before us. Hebrews 12:1
22:00 to 23:00 Fight against complacency
- · Father we pray that you enable us to fight against the spirit of pride that the devil sends following mighty exploits in Christ. Galatians 5:26
- · Father, teach us to always keep watch for the devil that is always on the prowl. 1 Peter 5: 8
- · I thank you because you are a God of humility and encouragement. I pray that you would cultivate in us the desire to please God and not to seek the approval of man.
23:00 to 00:00 Our lives to be renewed
- · Father I pray for a revival of my walk with you.
- · I pray for development in my personal relationship with you.
- · I pray that I may seek you in Spirit and in Truth and that I may find you. John 3: 23-24
Thank you for taking your time to be a part of this movement. I assure you God is already doing big things and has even more amazing things planned for us. Let me take this moment to invite you to our facebook page “The Prayer Relay Movement”https://www.facebook.com/groups/419806371379959/. Let us stay connected through that page, share our testimonies and prayer requests. We have more plans to grow this movement, so if you would like to get involved please contact us on email@example.com. If you would like to be involved in preparing the prayer points or simply widening our net, please feel free to contact us. The more the merrier…Thank you once again.