June Prayer Points for thanksgiving, gratitude
prayer points for thanksgiving
Gratefulness in any relationship is key to its success. Who wants to be in a relationship in which they do all the giving yet never hears a word of thanks? Surely the giver would grow weary of always giving to someone who doesn’t acknowledge the hard work that their partner puts in. Our relationship with our heavenly Father is not very different. The gifts we receive from him are countless, from waking up in the morning, to the warmth of the sun, from the cool breeze on a hot day to the warm embrace of a loved one’s touch. Thanks, isn’t always about the big things- the promotion, the new house or the healthy new-born baby. Giving thanks is about everything. For as James 1:17 says, “Every good and perfect gift comes from above.”
In the bible, Jesus himself tells the parable of the ten lepers (Luke 17: 11-19). Ten men beg Jesus to have mercy on them and heal them from their leprosy and Jesus heals them. Of the ten men, only one returned to give thanks. So this month when Jesus asks, “Were there not any found who returned to give glory to God?” I dare you to be that one that comes back and gives thanks to God for the work he does in your life. Doesn’t He deserve the glory?
Luke 17: 11-19- Parable of the 10 lepers
1 Thessalonians 5:18- Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name- (When you enter into his gates and into his presence, praise is a prerequisite. )
Psalm 136: 1-3
Romans 1:21- For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
We are doing things differently this month. Make a list of 24 things that you are grateful for in your life. Everyday this month we will thank God for these blessings and more. I’ll start you off with my own 24, prayer points for thanksgiving:
- I’m grateful for still being alive
- For my sight, just to be able to see a new day
- For every breath I take, knowing the devil would celebrate my death
- For the gift of children, though I am yet to have my own. Just seeing them warms my heart
- For God’s grace.
- I’m grateful for the Prayer Relay Movement and every member of it across the world
- I’m grateful for every opportunity I have been granted, will be granted to serve the Lord.
- I’m grateful for women. They bring a great joy to this world. A unique joy.
- I’m grateful for peace in my heart in all situations
- I’m grateful for Jesus giving up his life for mine.
- I’m grateful for joy.
- I’m grateful for my best friend. A great gift from the Lord.
- I’m grateful for pain and hurt I have been through. It moulds me.
- I’m grateful to God for giving me an audience in prayer.
- I’m grateful to have a roof over my head and a meal on my table daily.
- I’m grateful for all the people God gives us in ministry to love.
- I’m grateful for the hope for glory that is Christ, in this hopeless world.
- For seasons changing, knowing that no matter what I go through, it will pass.
- I’m grateful for the faithfulness of God.
- I’m grateful for healing in hearts of many hurt over the years.
- For the Omnipresence of God. Knowing he is with me always.
- I am grateful for the wonderful wife that the Lord will give me. A woman who fears him and loves me unconditionally.
- For all the urban missionaries that spread the gospel today. For the fire they fan inside of me. For inspiring and challenging me daily.
That’s my list. I could go on. God has been, and will continue to be good to me, and to you. Let us praise him even for no reason.
If you need prayer, please don’t hesitate visit us at www.prayerrelay.com.
Our team loves you, and want to help you carry on when the world feels heavy on your shoulders, you are not alone. Hope you have been blessed by these prayer points for thanksgiving.